Bargain Cafe' Corazon Spicy Squash Soup coupon. I found this spicy squash soup in the October chapter of the book, which is where the book begins. I was torn between this soup and her recipe for Adrianna titled this soup "Chorizo"-Spiced Squash Soup, which I am sure is a more accurate title, but… I never liked sausage, even when I ate meat, so. This Spicy Thai Butternut Squash Soup is vegan, gluten-free and filled with delicious Thai curry! The perfect autumn soup, this hearty dish with a chicken broth base combines baked butternut squash, spicy turkey sausage, white rice, corn, and a dash of heavy cream, if desired. Not certain if I agree that the sausage goes well with the squash.
Next time I will try the plain creamy squash soup I think. Café Corazón serves local farm-to-table Mexican cuisine. We are proud to serve fresh, local produce and meats in dishes that pop in Riverwest, Bay (Vegan) Crimini mushrooms sautéed in a spicy white wine sauce, onion, garlic, soy chorizo, tomato, and jalapeños. You determine boiling reduce Cafe' Corazon Spicy Squash Soup applying 13 compound so 16 together with. Here you are take care of.
prescription of Cafe' Corazon Spicy Squash Soup
- give 3 cup of dry pinto beans, soaked 6 to 8 hours in water to cover.
- This 4 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 medium of onions, diced.
- also 4 clove of garlic, minced.
- use 3 of carrots, diced.
- Prepare 6 cup of vegetable broth or broth of choice.
- This 5 lb of butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into small cubes.
- then 4 cup of corn (fresh or frozen).
- use 1 can of (7.76 ounces) chipotle peppers in adobo sauce.
- add 1 of salt to taste.
- then 1 of pepper to taste.
- use 4 of jalapeño peppers, diced (remove seeds if desired).
- This 1 of sour cream, chopped cilantro, and/or grated queso cheese for garnish.
Served with tortilla chips (ask for mild). A spicy and warming soup, great for when its cold outside! This recipe has been submitted by the Good Food community. Extra carrots and some red lentils instead of butternut squash, sweet potato and a small parsnip instead of potato and dried.
Cafe' Corazon Spicy Squash Soup individually
- Drain beans and place in a large heavy bottomed pan..
- Add water to cover by 1 inch and bring to a boil..
- After water boils, skim off any foam that forms and then reduce heat to a simmer..
- Cook, uncovered until beans are tender, 1 to 2 hours or until you can mash them easily..
- Drain and set aside..
- In a large sauté pan, heat oil..
- Add onions and garlic and saute until translucent..
- Add carrots and saute for 5 minutes..
- Add broth and cubed squash and simmer until squash is soft, 15 to 20 minutes..
- Add jalapeños, chipotle sauce and corn and simmer 8 to 10 minutes..
- Stir in reserved pinto beans and heat through..
- Add salt and pepper to taste..
- Garnish as desired..
- **This soup is spicy, so to make it milder, remove seeds from jalapeños.**.
- ***This recipe makes about 6 to 8 servings.***.
- ****This recipe brought to you courtesy of Café Corazon, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA.****.
I used red squash (kabocha squash) for this squash soup, but you could use butternut squash which happens to be my favorite kind of squash, because any kind of vegetable named butter anything is a winner in my book. Also, I ate this in a small office with the AC on full blast, but you could eat this. This silky-smooth butternut soup gets a hit of spice from chipotle, cloves and cumin. Adapted from Chef Jesús González, Chef of La Cocina Que Canta at Rancho La Puerta. Kris Williams, Milwaukee, requested recipes for a beef dish as well as margaritas from Café Corazón.