Chickpea curry (Chana masala curry).
You determine stewing decoct Chickpea curry (Chana masala curry) using 10 procedure moreover 5 steps. Here is how you nail it.
ingredients of Chickpea curry (Chana masala curry)
- You need 2 tins of chickpeas, undrained.
- Prepare 1/2 tin of tomatoes.
- It's 1 of large onion- chopped.
- You need 1-2 of cloves- crushed/grated.
- Prepare Pinch of cumin seeds.
- It's 1/2-1 tsp of salt.
- It's 1 tsp of cumin powder.
- You need 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- Prepare 1/2 of tumeric powder.
- It's Pinch of chilli powder (you can add more).
Chickpea curry (Chana masala curry) compound
- Fry onion and garlic in oil..
- Add tin tomatoes and spices and cook on high, stirring frequently till reduced slightly..
- Add 1 tin chickpeas including the water, and 1 tin drained chickpeas (but reserving the tinned liquid for later).
- Simmer chickpea curry till fully reduced and liquid reduced. Then add the remaining chickpea liquid from the other tin and bring to the boil and simmer further till consistency you prefer. We like slightly wet gravy to the chickpea curry..
- Serve with rice or roti, salad and yoghurt..