Mushroom Veggie Burger. Cooking tip: Really make sure you cook the liquid off of the mushrooms and onions well, otherwise your burgers will be soft/ mushy. Since veggie burgers don't have the same natural juices and fat than a beef burger does, they have the potential to stick on the grates more. We recommend using tongs to run an oiled piece of paper towel along the grates.
Mushroom Veggie Burger Made With Sautéed Mushrooms The best damn Chunky Portabella Veggie Burgers on the planet! Portabella mushrooms, broccoli, black beans, and seasoning make this a burger even meat lovers can't resist! This burger is packed full of veggies and seasonings that makes it taste like a real beef burger! You make ready grilling broil Mushroom Veggie Burger practicing 27 prescription than 6 steps. Here is how you take care of.
technique of Mushroom Veggie Burger
- Prepare of FOR THE MUSHROOM FILLING:.
- You need 4-5 of big button mushrooms (or 10 to 12 small).
- You need 1 of small onion, sliced.
- It's 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of green chilli, finely chopped.
- Prepare of or.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of chilli flakes.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of chilli paste or sauce.
- It's 1 teaspoon of oil or butter.
- It's to taste of Salt.
- It's of FOR THE BURGERS:.
- You need 2 of burger buns.
- You need of Few slices of onion rings and tomato.
- You need of Coleslaw (recipe below).
- You need of Chilli sauce (Sriracha sauce or any red chilli sauce).
- You need leaves of Iceberg or salad lettuce.
- It's of Butter for toasting the burger buns.
- It's of INGREDIENTS FOR COLESLAW:.
- It's 1 cup of finely chopped or shredded green cabbage.
- It's 1/2-3/4 cup of shredded carrots.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of finely chopped capsicum or bell pepper.
- It's 1/4 cup of finely chopped red onions.
- Prepare 1 of green chilli or jalapeno, finely chopped (optional).
- You need 1 teaspoon of vinegar or lemon juice.
- You need 3-4 tablespoons of mayonnaise.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper powder (optional).
Whether you're a vegetarian or a carnivore you'll love this burger! Recipe Steps for Mushroom Veggie Burgers. Please note that this a list of steps to give you an idea how to make this recipe. Full details are in the recipe card below.
Mushroom Veggie Burger little by little
- TO MAKE THE MUSHROOM FILLING: Wash, clean and slice the mushrooms. In a small saucepan, heat the oil or butter. Add the sliced onions and sauté for a few seconds..
- Add the garlic and fry for a few seconds more to remove the raw smell. Add the sliced mushrooms, salt, soy sauce and chilli sauce and sauté on high for about 2 to 3 minutes till the mushrooms start cooking but do not allow it to wilt too much. Turn off the heat and remove the mushroom stir fry from the pan.
- .TO MAKE THE COLESLAW: Finely chop the cabbage, green chillis (optional), onions and bell pepper. Grate the carrot. Mix all the vegetables in a bowl. Add the mayonnaise, vinegar or lemon juice and black pepper powder (optional). Mix well with a spoon. Taste the salad for a balance of spice, salt, sugar and tang. Adjust accordingly. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour for the flavors to blend well. Serve cold or at room temperature with burgers, sandwiches or just as a side salad..
- TO ASSEMBLE THE BURGERS: Slice the burger buns into two. Heat a griddle or dosa pan. Apply butter to the cut sides of the buns and toast on pan till light brown and slightly crisp. Remove from pan. In a serving plate, place the toasted burger buns. On one of the halves, place a leaf of lettuce, spoon some mushroom stir fry on top, layer the coleslaw on top of the mushrooms. On the other half, layer slices of tomato and onion rings. If you need extra spice, drizzle some red chilli sauce/sriracha..
- Put the half of the bun with the tomato and onion slices on top of the other half and serve immediately with potato chips on the side. Enjoy!!.
- NOTES: The toppings you can add on your burger is unlimited; cucumber, jalapeno slices, olives, mustard, cheese slices etc. If you don’t like mushrooms, substitute bell pepper/caspicum, tofu, paneer (Indian cottage cheese) etc..
Separately place the carrots, onions, mushrooms, garlic and walnuts to a food processor and process until each ingredient is crumbly.; Mix the flax seed meal together with the water and set aside Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Mix together the hoisin and soy sauce in a small bowl. Meanwhile, chop mushrooms into ¼"-½" pieces. Arrange in an even layer on a large rimmed baking sheet. This mushroom burger recipe is adapted from "Lisa's Mushroom Burger" in weheartfood.com, and to call it a veggie burger doesn't do it justice.